Tips to face retirement in a relaxed way
Index of contents
I am retired.. what now?
When that dreaded or long-awaited day arrives, such as retirement day, it can be categorized as the best of your life or the worstIt always depends on how you want to take it.
But that day is a before and after in the life of any person. Retirement is a radical change in your lifestyle, where free time is the first factor that is always taken into account.
They say that it takes 6 months to a year to adapt to this new circumstance or new life to which you have to adjust.
Retirement is a sudden change that you can see as an opportunity to enjoy life in another way. Think that at that moment you have money to travel, meet, to enjoy things that you could not do when you were young due to different circumstances both economic, family or simply because of work.
In conclusion, many years have passed and you have been depriving yourself of things that you would have liked to do at some point in your life. Well now is the time to make them!
7 tips that will help you
Some of our advice for this new phase of retirement
- First, prepare for the stage of retirement: Progressively introduce new habits and customs while you are still active. Relax, go out at work time and learn to enjoy a good book without thinking about pending tasks. That is, train yourself to know how to be with yourself.
- Now, when the time has come, You have all the time in the world to do what you like. Whatever. Do you like cooking, traveling, the mountains or rowing? Prepare a list of things you've always wanted to do. And do them.
- Commit: Get closer to a local NGO, participate in solidarity projects, get involved. You will feel full.
- Get out of the house: Depression is a psychological illness that can appear in moments of weakness or change, and this retirement stage is one of them. If you stay locked up at home, the walls will fall on you in a few days. Connect with other people in your situation and plan activities. If you think about it, time is what we all want when we don't have it. Seize it!
- Adopt a pet and take care of it. Sometimes we need responsibilities to feel fulfilled, and this is a very good way to have them.
- Study: for that it is never too late, and surely now you have the necessary means for it. Enrich yourself intellectually and enjoy learning. Some studies show that, to some extent, your mind can be more active and efficient.
- And lastly, don't be afraid of getting old. Retirement can be one of the best times of your life.
Retirement is crucial to rethink what is what you would have liked to do and that you have not done until today.
Seeking to live new experiences, or simply deciding where you want to spend the rest of your life is a very important decision to enjoy that future.
One of the first questions that may come to mind is knowing if you want a change or if you want to continue living in the same place as always.
Many people when you talk to them about retirement and what they want to do once that day has arrived, they firmly answer that they want to live by the sea, grow old on a terrace enjoying the beach every day.
live in front of the sea It is one of the pleasures that most people seek once they retire since you have all that free time to enjoy yourself or your loved ones in an ideal environment.
The sea breeze, the coastal climate or simply all the leisure options that living near the beach can give you are little things that can make that moment when your life changes so much pleasant and beautiful.
From insert by Marina d´Or we know how important a moment like retirement is for you. For this reason, our beachfront apartments in Oropesa del mar / Cabanes are perfect for this moment. Since you can enjoy not only the tranquility and well-being that living in front of the Mediterranean Sea gives you, but also being located next to Marina d'Or, where you can find leisure and all the services you may need.
These apartments are sold furnished, equipped and decorated, ready to move into. In this way we want to take away any worries so that you can only focus on enjoying this new stage in your life.