2 spectacular locations to visit if you live in an apartment facing the sea in Marina d'Or
In it we talked about the City of Castellón and Villareal (with its almost 52,000 inhabitants).
On this occasion, we will get a little closer to the beach and we will tell you about all the interesting places you can visit in Benicasim and Oropesa del Mar-Cabanes, where our new construction apartments Ciudad Jardín.
Benicasim is a town located in the province of Castellón in Spain that has a large number of tourist attractions. One of the highlights is its beach, one of the most beautiful in the region, with a wide strip of sand and a crystalline sea. The beach is perfect for water sports or just relaxing in the sun.
The historic center of Benicasim is also an interesting place worth visiting, with narrow streets and old buildings that still retain their original charm. The church of the assumption it is an example of local architecture and offers an impressive view from its tower.
- Terrers beach: This area of the coast of Valencia offers a beach of fine and clean sand, with services such as the Sailing School of the Generalitat Valenciana. Its turquoise waters impose an irresistible charm, inviting visitors to experiment with sailing.
- Aquarama Water Park: It has 17 attractions, including El Salto del Diablo, the tenth highest water slide in the world and The Beast, the steepest in Europe. The park offers two entrance times and a restaurant service with waffles.
- Carmelitano Winery, Distillery and Museum: The 1912 building is a mix between a manor house and an old farmhouse. It is harmonized by the symbiosis between field work and craft production, for economic and aesthetic purposes. It can be visited to taste its products, such as the Carmelitano Liqueur and the Carmelitano Muscatel, harvested in the Desierto de las Palmas and Benicasim, respectively. The distilleries are located near the Desert and in the center of Benicasim.
- Voramar beach: A sandy beach located in the urban environment. It delimits to the north with the municipality of Oropesa del Mar. It offers a promenade and a marked area for the departure of boats. This beach has had the distinctive Blue Flag since 1994. At the foot of this beach the film ''La vida de Blasco Ibáñez'' was recorded in the 90s, where homage was paid to the renowned painter, Joaquín Sorolla and the writer Vicente Blasco Ibanez.
- Train Square: The Association of Friends of the Railway in Castellón created this miniature railway a little over 30 years ago in order to bring this means of transport closer to the little ones. The park (relocated and renovated a few years ago), has several hand-built trains and locomotives.
- Saint Vincent Tower: Located on Calle Ferrandis Salvador in Benicasim, the Torre de Benicasim – built in the 16th century in the Renaissance style – was one of the eighteen watchtowers that existed along the coast of what is now the province of Castellón, with the purpose of monitoring and defending the coastal zone.
- Villa Elisa: Villa Elisa was built in 1942 on the site of several pioneer villas. It is a palace surrounded by lush gardens with trees and plants from different parts of the world. Since 1982 it has been municipal property, so, after a restoration, it was inaugurated again in 2019, to host social and cultural activities.
- Las Palmas Desert Natural Park: The Las Palmas desert is located in a coastal mountain range in the Plana Alta region, parallel to the coast, with numerous hills and outcrops.
The protected space occupies a total of 3,200 hectares and reaches its maximum height of 729 meters at Pico de Bartolo, from where you can see the interior of Castellón, the Gulf of Valencia and the Columbretes Islands. Near the summit you will see a monumental cross known as the Cruz de Bartolo.
Oropesa del Mar-Cabanes
Relax on its beaches:
12 kilometers of coastline and seven beaches that offer diversity for all tastes: open beaches of fine sand, hidden coves, family beaches, wild sand and rock beaches...
The most popular and recognized beaches in the area are:
- Les Amplaries beach (next to Marina d'Or)
- Morro de Gos Beach
- La Concha beach
- Cove of Orpesa la Vella
- Retor's Cove
- Renega beach
- Bellver Platgetes
Nearby routes and excursions:
- Greenway of the Sea between Oropesa del Mar and Benicasim
- Desert de les Palmes (Benicàssim, Cabanes, La Pobla Tornesa, Borriol and Castelló de la Plana).
- Prat de Cabanes – Torreblanca Natural Park (Cabanes, Castellón)
- Viewpoint of Oropesa del Mar
Visit its old town:
Discover the history of this municipality whose remains date back to the Stone Age.
Among its most unique buildings we highlight the Castle from the 8th century, the Oropesa del Mar museum and the chapel of the Virgen de la Paciencia.
The Castle of Oropesa del Mar was initially built by the Muslim conquest and belonged to the order of the Hospitallers until it was conquered by King Jaime I.
It has visiting hours from 09:00 to 21:00 in summer and guided tours for those most interested in its history.
A boat trip from your yacht club:
Perfect for eating in front of the sea in any of its four restaurants and then strolling through its facilities.
It offers a sailing and windsurfing school, kayaking, jet ski rental service and diving training among other activities.
From the port you have the option of choosing different catamaran excursions along the Mediterranean coast, and going to the volcanic archipelago of the Columbretes Islands.
Spend the day in the largest Scientific Seawater Spa in Europe:
It has a covered area and an uncovered area. It has swimming pools, jacuzzis, a themed children's area, showers, steam baths...
Enjoy its Wellness Center and its 192 treatments created especially for you (massages, wraps, physiotherapy...)
Enjoy your patron saint festivities
- San Jaime Patron Saint Festivities.
The San Jaime festivities arrive in Oropesa del Mar in the middle of the tourist season (July 25).
- Festivities of the Virgen de la Paciencia in Oropesa del Mar.
The population celebrates the patron saint festivities in the month of October, with the main festival being the first Sunday of the month.
Let yourself be surprised by the restoration of the area:
Here are some recommendations:
- Try the Paella, the Arroz a banda, the Paella with espardeñas, the ''Rossejat'', the Paella with rice with lobster, with lobster, black rice or rice with duck...
- Discover the Olla de Castellón. It is a typical autumn dish also known as ''olleta de la Plana''.
- Taste the "Ximo de Castellón". A batter filled with tuna, egg and tomato with a shape similar to that of a sandwich.